Sunday 15 September 2013

Playing Catch Up - Benicassim

It's been horrifically long since I posted - work got busy and I developed a serious hermit habit, as well as the weather becoming...British. So I've decided to post more frequently but of less...quality. I never started this to be a perfect diary - it was more a place to document the (sometimes inane, sometimes insane) things I find myself doing. And I've not been doing that. So here goes...quick recap of the past couple'a months...

I posted briefly about Benicassim before but... It was the biggest, most insane rush of my entire life. Claire's Accessories got in touch on the weekend before it started to let us know that we had tickets. To a festival. Thousands of miles away.


Luckily, my friend Emily and I are super-duper organised (LOL! JK.) It was a total stress and nearly ended with us hitch-hiking to Spain. But we sussed it - we flew in luxury (natch) with SwissAir - landed in Barcelona, stocked up on Duff beer (for realz) and Cheetos and jumped on a train.



We found a little camping spot in a quiet part (yes, they exist) and had a whale of a time...I will spare the details. But it was fun, Emily slept A LOT, I got some form of trenchfoot and sunburn... and it was amazing. Properly amazing, I would go back in a heartbeat. Highlights were Temples, Arctic Monkeys, QOTSA and BRMC. And dancing to Disclosure like we were in 'Beefa at the Ibiza Rocks stage. If I go back next year (and fingers crossed I will!) I'll be sure to document properly but for now, I leave on this bombshell - it was 42 degrees and I still wore black leather. No fear...

So yeah - thanks to Claire's for the tickets and the glitter make-up phone! I didn't take my iPhone hence the lack of photos, but this little badboy made the journey with us...

(And this is me in the hospital back in London after I tried to man-up and failed...)