Thursday 25 July 2013

Benicassim

So I have sucked at posting for various reasons. Work got crazy busy for both me & Louis, and then I won tickets to Benicassim...

I haven't had my disposable cameras back to be developed yet (ouch. That sentence was so hipster it was practically a triangle.) so I'll do a proper post then, but in the meantime - ever wondered what a pseudo-goth, colour-hating pasty bird wears to a 40+ degree festival with no shade?


Well, this very exciting looking selection!

I won't bore with minutiae, but my priority for UK festivals is usually 'don't look boring', however for Benicassim and it's relentlessly sweaty/burny/blistery heat, it was COVER UPS. I'm pretty good at this due to a lifetime of being 'ivory', so...chiffon, florals, anything that'll look a little more bohemian Florence Welch than Ibiza bronzed babe.

I'll do some proper outfit posts when I get my photos back but in the meantime...

Hat - Topshop, £25
Bag - Charity Shop in Leek, Staffordshire, £8
Hairbow - Primark, £1
RayBan Wayfarers
Cream Floral Dress - Next, £22 (about fifteen seasons ago)
Specials T-Shirt - Vintage, £3
Polka Dot Dress - Primark, £8
Denim Shorts (Black & Blue) - eBay via Topshop, £4.50 each
Chiffon Dress with crochet stomach panel - Topshop, £38
Top - eBay via Topshop, £4
Top - Topshop, £22
Black dress with metal fastenings - Topshop, £45




Undoubtably the best thing I took with me was this Topshop fedora. It almost succeeded in keeping me from the grips of sunstroke, and hid my frizzbomb hairdo. It also somehow made it through being battered and bruised on the arduous journeys, via several gigs, midnight parties and hungover beach days - true wardrobe hero!

I also have a lot to thank these two dudes for.



A last minute dash to Topshop before I went (we found out we had tickets three days before - I was not remotely prepared...) resulted in this pair of lovely jubblies. JW Anderson's collection for Topshop was one of my favourites in recent times - I'm a sucker for paisley. I had spied this bag for ages, but I never really have a use for a backpack. This was reduced to £15, and is made of super sturdy denim and covered in locks and bolts to bat off potential robbers (I got stung once in Barcelona and NEVER AGAIN!). It was super useful, and I somehow managed to get all my wordly goods in it!

This costume (yes, it's a swimming costume, no, I'm not 7) is my favourite buy of recent months. It's definitely the brightest thing I've bought in a while. I had a slight misdemeanour as I fell asleep in the sunshine and the cut-out design I so LOVED in store turned into my peely burny enemy, but it hasn't faded my love for it. I felt like Rihanna crossed with a My Little Pony - which is pretty bad.ass. And it was a tenner in the Topshop sale.



This bad boy was my only wardrobe buy in Spain. Arctic Monkeys were just ridiculously good and I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get this t-shirt elsewhere so I had to buy it. 25euro well spent.

Apologies for the rubbishy post but I don't have any nice holiday snaps yet...

Now, I'm all yours, Benicassim. But the question is, R U Mine?