Sunday 10 March 2013

VALENTINO FOR REALZ-O

Couldn't bring myself to wear some kind of hyper-fashiony AW13 Valentino look to work - I work in a cool office but even they might bat eyelids at bare legs etc in this unseasonably cold March. I do however have a vintage raw silk black shift dress that has a white pointed collar and turn up cuffs. I love this dress - I bought it from Chinese Laundry in Hull a few months ago and it gets critically underworn because it is allergic to rain, snow, sleet...basically any weather that occurs in London in the autumn and winter.

 

Anyway - I went to the British Museum today to subside the misery of being hundreds of miles from my mum on mother's day. Nothing makes me feel better like a Sarcophagus. So I decided to try out a lesser version of the Valentino look with this dress. I also thought the plait might be a step toward the fancy-dress, so I went for a slight beehive with a low ponytail. Obvs as I was heading toward Sixties territory I did heavy cat-eyeliner and nude lipstick; a trench coat, some vintage ankle boots and my favourite Chanel bag.

 

Usually anything that is not a shirt & jeans or an ass-flashing dress fails to raise BF's acknowledgment but he actually looked at me today and