Wednesday 18 September 2013

The Apartment @ LFW

So guess what? It was London Fashion Week this week. Yeah, I know everyone is really quiet about it and doesn't like to shove it in people's faces... oh wait. Anyway - it's not all shows and stilettos, and for some international and domestic bloggers, it can be a genuinely chaotic and stressful time. So, the absolutely amazeballs Abi from Abimarvel has, for the past couple of seasons, arranged The Apartment, a ridiculously luxurious apartment (duh) filled with treats, cocktails, clothes and samples from brands around the world.

Check out the illustrations by Kris Atomic for the event... (I have a particular reason for loving her designs, I did my Art A Level final piece based on her Luella Bartley illustrations!)




This season, I was lucky enough to attend with two sexy laydees from work - GG from GG's Closet and Gemma from Gem Sara Musings. In the beginning, it was just a relief to get out of the TORRENTIAL rain in Covent Garden - but as soon as we stepped inside I felt like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. THE most ridiculously beautiful apartment, filled with beautiful people, beautiful things, beautiful...everything. Even the carpets were beautiful. I didn't want to be that girl so I tried not to take three million photos but as soon as I'd left I wished I had!





So the apartment itself was beautiful, but the people were SUPER interesting too! We met the ladies behind Little Black Dress - an fabulous dress company with some PERFECT winter cocktail dresses. Check them out here...

Next also had a big presence at The Apartment - taking over the utility room with an absolutely BANGING collection of new season accessories, as well as peppering the apartment itself with their knockout homeware collection (I'm particularly dreaming of the silver phone...) - they've really gone all out this season and it's absolutely paid off!



These images don't really do it justice but check out the coverage of The Apartment over on Grazia! For now, I'll leave you with some of my own photos, including a little snap of me and a certain Mr Gosling...








What I wore...


Topshop Teddy Bear Coat
Topshop Houndstooth Cords
J Crew Turtle Neck
Topshop Fedora
Primark Brogues
Smashbox Pillar Me Pillbox Red Lipstick